Friday, March 1, 2013

Five For Friday! {Linky Party}

1. This is my FIRST LINKY PARTY!  I am super new to blogging, but I am really excited to get started and become a part of this AWESOME blogging community. I'm learning as I go and trying to teach myself as much as I can. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself for finally diving in!

2. To help me in my new endeavor, I have joined...drum roll please...Teaching Blog Traffic School! What an amazing website Charity has available to new (and not so new!) bloggers. I just started the course but am already hooked.

Click Here to Visit the Site
3. Our new district-created Common Core aligned ELA curriculum has 7 units. Today we finished Unit 4: Famous Americans. My Little Loves have spent the last 5 weeks learning about how and why we read biographies. We learned about many different famous Americans who made meaningful contributions to our country. The last two people we studied were George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Today we had a VERY special visitor!



Lou DelBianco paid us a visit and told us all about Abraham Lincoln's childhood and how he grew up to be the 16th President of the United States. My Little Loves were in awe!

4. I went grocery shopping tonight!  I know you are all wondering why this is worthy of a Five For Friday post. But seriously, when you see me hanging around the blogs on Sunday afternoon instead of racing through the grocery store, you'll understand. I am SO happy to have that "must-do" taken care of before the weekend officially starts.

5. One of my littlest loves, my four year old daughter, was SO excited when I gave her a bowl of Fruit Loops and a baggie of Necklace Tags so she could make her own 100th Day of School necklace. She loved it so much she hung it on her headboard so it could be near her when she went to sleep. Well, our furry not-so-little love decided to pay her a visit last night for a midnight snack. All that was left was a piece of lanyard and a bead... let's just say I bought a new box of Fruit Loops tonight ;)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I LOVE that Lincoln came to visit your kiddos. My kids would be thrilled for that experience. I also completely understand the thrill of being done with grocery shopping for the week...I'm jealous!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week you had!
    This was my first time linking up for the 5 for Friday! So great to read so many awesome ideas!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Mr. Lincoln is terrific! What a fun experience for your kiddos!!
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete