Image Map

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Happy Last Day of School For Me!

Week after week, I have watched so many of the awesome blogs I follow celebrate their last day of school. It's finally my turn!  We used to end our school year like this:
Monday: Full Day
Tuesday: Full Day
Wednesday: 10:45 Dismissal
Thursday: 10:45 Dismissal
Friday: 1 Hour Turn-Around Day
However, Hurricane Sandy caused us to miss so much school this year, that we had to have full days ALL.WEEK.LONG.  Okay, so I'm exaggerating a little bit. We are getting out one hour early on Thursday and Friday. Whoopty Doo. Do you know how hard it is to pack up an entire classroom when you have all of your little loves with you ALL.DAY.LONG??  I was so uptight about getting it all done that I actually wound up doing a better job than usual. That left me some time to work on some ideas for next year!
I bought 4 of these Steralite 3 drawer units to hold my student supplies.

On the right, my old way of storing paper goods for classroom celebrations.
On the left, my new and improved Party Supplies crate!

I organized all of my anchor charts and weekly poems. No more digging through my locker!

My brand new Teacher Toolkit! I even made one for Mr. First Love for Father's Day.
 I think I will probably put a little more love into new labels this summer.

I got rid of a LOT of "stuff".



I finally finished my Classroom Library re-organization. I LOVE my new bins and label holders. Don't mind all the bins on the ledge...they are proof of all my packing up!

I turned this old Highlights Magazine sticker tower into a storage container for my calendar cards. LOVE!


I am busy re-decorating my rusty old file cabinet. .. using colored duck tape! I will post a new pic when it is done.


I'm also going to throw in a quick Five For Friday with Doodlebugs Teaching!

#1 - My oldest little love graduated pre-k! She will be coming to kindergarten WITH ME in September. oh.my.goodness. I cannot even possibly believe this is happening already! She also had her dance recital last weekend. She looked B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. and danced so well. I am so proud of her!
#2 - The end of dance class and the end of school means only one thing for me...end of the year GIFTS!  Here is what we gave her teachers...

#3 - Check out this super sweet end of the year gift that I got my class today. Isn't it amazing?!?!?! I am just SO afraid that I am going to break it - I'm such a klutz!


#4 - My oldest will be 5 on the the 4th of July!  Doesn't she have the coolest birthday?  That's why we call her our little firecracker...LOL! She is having her first "friends" party at Build-a-Bear Workshop. I can't wait! She helped me make these adorable invites.
#5 - I am excited to begin my summer reading with this:

Happy summer everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are finally getting to start your summer...doesn't it feel good to throw stuff away!! I love what you are doing with your filing cabinet...I just got a new one and I am looking for ways to pretty it up! My oldest is also starting k in the Fall...where does the time go?! Enjoy your last day and your summer!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kheila! Starting Kindergarten is bittersweet for sure! I also just got a pretty new dark grey file cabinet. I used clear packing tape and put pretty scrapbook paper on the drawer fronts. Why didn't I take a picture of that one?!?!? It was super easy because the handles weren't on yet!

      Delete
  2. Wow! So many things to comment on. But I love the filing cabinet. And all the organizing pictures. I am such a sucker for organizing. I love it. My littlest one starts ballet next week. She is just so excited.

    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Enjoy ballet with your baby! It is super cute to watch them. I am also a sucker for organization! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I found your blog through Five for Friday, and am your newest follower! Enjoy your little ones - they grow up so fast! Pop over to my blog to see my cute little granddaughter. While you're there, please enter my giveaway.
    Linda
    KinderDoodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! I am going to pop on over to your blog. Thanks for following! When I get to 25 I am going to have to do something special!

      Delete